Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Glorious Day

First of all, thank you, for all of your sweet comments on my last post. Your support and encouragement has meant the world to me. I have the best blogger friends ever!
Yesterday was another fabulous day to celebrate my new found freedom. A few of us from church decided to get together and drive an hour north to this awesome place called Dauset Trails. A little nature walk in the woods. But it was SO fun! And peaceful at the same time. I always feel closer to my Heavenly Father when I'm out among his creations. And I made some good friends along the way, which is always a bonus for a loner like me. ;)
Who doesn't get a kick out of feeding goats dog food?!
...or kissing a wooden pelican?!
...or seeing turtles sunbathing!
Check out these massive fish! They apparently like dog food, too.
It was such a wonderful day! We just enjoyed laughing and chatting the ride there and back, getting chased by bees while we ate our picnic lunches, and snapping pictures of the awesome rehabilitated animals (ducks, cougar, bald eagle, fox, buffalo, deer, turkey, snakes, etc.). If you're a local, I highly recommend going to Dauset Trails if you enjoy a cool FREE activity. It's in Jackson, GA. Check it out at www.dausettrails.com

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dauset Trails. Laurel and I go there often when it is nice outside. We always have such a great time there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a great time that day! Let's go back again soon! Once it's warmer, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)