It's a regular occurring argument *opps* I mean, discussion, that Spencer and I have about taking the plunge and making our family blog private. But alas, after he discovered that, yes, there are pictures of him from the blog that pull up when a search of his name is administered on Google, he really really wants our family blog private.
I've always resisted, because there are many friends that have found me or I've found them through the blogosphere and was only able to make the connection because of open access to our blogs. I like that. I like blog hopping. Or blog stalking...whatever term you want to use. There are several blogs that I read regularly and don't know the person/family at all {and I've made comments on their blogs too} and they know that I'm a friendly blog-hopping stranger that enjoys regularly reading their blog. I have no shame! It's as natural as reading a book and falling in love with the story line! Except it's even better, because it's real life...a true story...true experiences, similar to our own.
And I've kept the blog open, with the possibility in mind that there might be some out there that are enjoying our story and are anxious to know what happens next. Not because they want to harm us or take advantage of our information. But, alas, I've been persuaded to the realization that there are some real goobers out there that might actually do that.
~sigh~
It. must. be. done.
WE ARE GOING PRIVATE.
So family, friends, and friendly blog-hopping strangers:
shoot me an email at amymbonner [at] aol [dot] com
or leave me a comment here with your addy,
and I will gladly invite you to continue to read our story.
I will make it official 2 weeks from now.
Let the count down begin.
Hey here's our addy- handjshannon@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHope to keep in touch!
-John
Count me in! I want to keep track of you!!! Hope you are well. Tell Spencer hi for me.
ReplyDeletekristingriffeth@gmail.com
sadie_goddard@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteWe want to still see your blog!!! holly.nelson13 at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteI definitely need to be added to your list! I love reading your posts!
ReplyDeleteerinlnoel@hotmail.com
My email is cadburyaddict at gmail dot com.
ReplyDeleteI understand the blog-hopping thing as I, too, found friends through blogs and they found me when my blog was public. But I guess I just hated the idea that some creeper could google "baby boy" and the possibility that pictures of Aaron would be found just got to me. So I also understand the need to go private. But anyway, I'd love to be added to your 'safe list'!
I better get an invite! I'll just DIE if I can't follow this story!! :) Ok, I wouldn't die, but I would be super super sad. You know my address.....or you should!
ReplyDeletePlease let me keep reading!!! nattums at gmail dot com. :) Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI too am I random blog reader! I read your blog from Sommer Finnigans- I LOVE reading your story =)(my blog is rowlandfamilyfun.blogspot.com)
ReplyDeleteIf you don't mind, I would love to continue reading your blog, my email is mel_8228@yahoo.com
~ Melissa
Ben and I have the exact same argument all the time!!! I'll probably be making mine private before long too. He's slowly breaking me down. I want an invite but I'll send you a message on facebook with my e-mail though I think you might already have it, but just in case I"ll send you it.
ReplyDeleteHey Amy, I want to be added to your list! I love reading your blog. I'll send you an email with my address. Thanks!
ReplyDeletejenny.g.benson@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteKaraleeColton@yahoo.com
ReplyDeletewahlena@gmail.com. We love your blog!!
ReplyDeletenataliejanebeal@gmail.com
ReplyDeletenataliejanebeal@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteooh, ooh! pick me! you should have my email address...let me know on my blog if you don't!
ReplyDeleteAdd me to the list. cdanner@madisonreps.com
ReplyDeleteCory and I made our blog private because we had some serious issues and didn't want a specific person with access. It is safer...especially for the family.
alyseking@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteFrom the dorms in college...so glad I found you!
I found your blog through Sommer's and I love it! You are such an awesome gal. I don't know if you remember me from school, but I want an invite, please!
ReplyDeleterachellaw1@gmail.com
I found your blog through Sommers as well!! I would love to continue to read your story =)
ReplyDeletemel_8228@yahoo.com
jfarr_07@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks! Jessie :)
meganstutz@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI like reading your blog...my family used to live in GA until I was 16...your family was in my stake.
I wanna keep in touch
ReplyDeletelshigbee@yahoo.com
Lexi
Amy: My email is bethwhisamore@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHi Amy! I like to read ya, too... please sign me up! fionalor at gmail dot com.
ReplyDeleteAmy! I want to be included!
ReplyDeleteholliaynncart@gmail.com
I "blogstalk" you occasionally. Hope you don't mind. :)
Amy, you can change your settings so that your blog cannot be found in any kind of internet search (I googled yours just to see what would come up and your blog was listed, so you have not enabled these privacy settings). Under "settings" make sure you click NO under "add your blog to our listings" and "let search engines find your blog". That way the only access to your blog will be through a link on someone else's blog or if you have given out your url to someone. This should eliminate the random strangers picture-finding problem. Also, if you want even more privacy, you can delete the link to your blog from your blogger profile so that people can't find it by clicking on your name when you comment elsewhere on the internet.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, something to think about if you really don't want to go private. But if you still want to, send me an invite: dboverly at gmail dot com.
can't remember if I left my address or not! kristinmkohl@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI definitely want to keep reading your story! :) tiffytwo2@aol.com
ReplyDelete