Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Non searchable

Well, I've been holding off on the blogging for a bit, initially to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to add their name to the private invitation list, but in the midst of all of the comments made, a friend brought it to my attention an alternate option:  Make the blog unsearchable!  I hadn't looked at the blog settings options in so long that I hadn't even remembered that there was that option.  And indeed so long ago when I started this blog, I selected the option of "searchable."  
At first when I made the change a few weeks back, I checked to see if it worked by entering our names in google search.  To my dismay, a link to our blog would be there as the first link option, and numerous pictures listed under Images!  "Why didn't it work?!"  I wondered.  But I decided that perhaps it might take some time for the name to filter out of the search system.  I dunno...I certainly don't know enough about the internet to know how that all works.  But I decided to wait.  And whaduya know!  I searched our names today and our link did not appear! ...at least not at the top of the list.  Somewhere down the line it brought up a friend's blog link with our names listed in the content.  But all of our pictures were gone from the Images.  And that is enough privacy for me.  
 
...Let's hope it's enough to satisfy Big Red. ;)

I will hold on to all of your email addresses for my private invitation list if I need to use it in the future.

But for now, let the semi-public blogging continue!
Indeed, there is much to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)