Friday, December 14, 2007

Picture Fun

Last night I had Jenny Benson come over and take pictures of me and Spencer in hopes of getting a good one to put in our Christmas Cards that are going out. Spencer was being a goof, but making me smile. Here's the evidence to prove his guilt:
We were laughing about being posed like it was an engagement picture, so he obliged with some cheesy faces that overdramatize the typical excitement you would see in such a photo.

This coming from the man who's normal facial expression is this:

or this:

So, of course, if anything that could remotely be construed as a smile comes across his face, a great accomplishment has been achieved. One of my favorite things that he does: When I am crying or sad for some reason, he tries to remember the words to the Primary song, "No one likes a frowny face," which is a great task of itself since he doesn't remember a single Primary song (what a tragedy!), but also if you have ever heard him sing, you will understand why it would put an immediate larger than life smile on my face! I remember when we first started dating we went Stadium Singing (a typical Sunday evening activity for students at BYU-ID where hymns are sung under the stadium bleachers and it is echoed across the general vicinity) and he certainly can't carry a tune in a bucket, but he was singing those hymns loud and proud! I couldn't resist giggling a little bit, but mostly I was smiling up at him with a great admiration for his enthusiasm for the hymns, an attribute that a lot of grand vocalists and musicians lack. Besides, he gets this little boy earnest look on his face that is too hard to resist! I love that man! It may be hard to get him to show excitement or enthusiasm, and he may have a grumpy look on his face most of the time, but he is 100% True Blue, through and through! He works harder than 10 men put together! And he takes care of me...I love him! So here is to the man in my life!

4 comments:

  1. If the choice is between one of the first two pictures, go with the second one. It has just the right amount of cheese. Just remember, it gets harder with more people in the picture.

    Oh, also, Spencer and I can sit together and make a "joyful noise". I can't even carry a tune in a wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I love it! At least you got him to dress up and actually take pictures. Kasey still won't! HOpefully Saturday he will go along with my craziness. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I found your blog too! That was such a special post about your husband. I am so excited to get ot know him too. We really need to have you guys over soon. Amy, seriously thank you for all you do for our little exercise group. It means the world to me that you get up every wed. and fri. and help me get fit! It does more than the physical, its emotional and mental too. You are so wonderful! Merry Christmas and we will have to get together when we all get back from our travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what everyone is thinking, but I swear I did not pay her to say that stuff. And as to Holly's comment, I did not dress up that is work attire. I also did not shave when asked and would be warring jeans if work permitted (as I am today because it is casual Friday). Just thought I would mention that for Kasey (I am blue collar at heart).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)