Friday, November 7, 2008

The Big News

We're moving AGAIN!!
I know, I know... "You just moved to Newnan!" you say. Well, don't blame me... blame Robins Air Force Base! Way back in April 2007 when Spencer was graduating he applied for a civil service engineering job at the base. He did interviews and everything but when it came down to it they just told us they weren't hiring mechanical engineers at the time. And then a year later, April of this year, when we quit the job in DC to come to Georgia he took his resume out there AGAIN...and AGAIN they said they weren't currently hiring mechanical engineers. Oh well!...We didn't want to live in Warner Robins anyway! (Warner Robins is my hometown for those that don't know) So we took the job here in Newnan, GA and it has been good. Well, about a month ago on the night before we left to fly out for our Utah trip we were up packing and Spencer decided to check his email. In his inbox there was a random email from the Base offering him a JOB as, you guessed it, a Mechanical Engineer! All we did at the time was blow it off and laugh! I was still anti-Warner Robins in that moment. But as we looked over the details of the offer and rolled over all of the possibilities in our head, it just kept sounding better and better and we kept feeling more and more right about it.
So WE TOOK IT!
We're moving back to my hometown of Warner Robins, GA where my parents are and most of my siblings are surrounding! Nothing beats family, am I right?! To add to it, this will give us the opportunity to buy a home, and I can not express how extremely excited and happy I feel about that! Spencer will have much more job security and opportunity for progression by working for the government, and he'll be like a kid in a candy store working with airplanes. His official job title got changed to an Aerospace Engineer, which made him all the more excited. We've been driving the 2 hour drive back and forth to Warner Robins each weekend cramming in all the house hunting we can. The one we found (pictured in the post below) is actually a foreclosure that we'll be putting in an offer on tomorrow. Wish us luck! Do you know that feeling when a weight has been taken off your shoulders? Or like you've been feeling around in the darkness when suddenly the light breaks open in front of you and you can see the path? I literally have felt like I've been in the dark for the past 2 years of my life for various reasons. And now suddenly, since I had that experience a couple of Sundays ago where I felt it whispered in my heart that I do have children waiting to come (see the post below), and that experience combined with the right feelings of this move have just lifted me up and opened my eyes and I have felt so much more understanding and almost a triumph that I made it through that period of darkness in my life. Maybe that all sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but that's how I feel right now. I feel happy! I feel like my old self again. Watch out Warner Robins, GA! The prodigal daughter is returning home! The adventure begins November 24th! View Larger Map

14 comments:

  1. Wow that is some BIG news! How exciting for you guys!!!!! An aerospace engineer!!!! That is awesome! How wonderful to be close to family and in a place that you know where the good areas are and where to stay away from.... man I'm so excited for you guys. What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy that is so so awesome! It will be fun being near your family and even BETTER that you can buy a HOUSE! Good luck with the foreclosure one! It looks awesome! I can't wait to talk to you! Congrats to Spencer too on a job he is excited about! Isn't that just worth about a million bucks right there? Ahh. I'm so happy you got to the light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw exciting!! Congratulations! I love that house too. I am glad that you are going to be close to family and that things are looking better for you guys!! We LOVE and MISS you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I'm so excited that you are so happy. It's amazing when everything just sort of falls into place (with all the work to back it up of course). That is so great that you two get to settle down and have your first HOME. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the best news ever! We are thrilled (and a tab jealous) that you are buying your first home! My Aunt and Uncle live in Warner Robins. The Mangus family. Also, we know troy and kristen wardwell. Kristen is from my home ward in Indiana...small world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! That is so great you get to live by your family and I LOVE that house. That is also so great about Spencer's new job. We love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we call you a rocket scientist?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy for you! What a cute house! We are going to miss you when you are gone, of course. Smiles and happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! That is awesome! I love your blog, you are so honest and so sweet! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope moving in is going alright! (I hate moving....) That's so cool about Spencer's job, AND about the house- very nice kitchen! I bet you're sooo glad to be next to your folks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, we haven't heard from you in a while, just thinking about you and wondering how things are with the move and possible new house and all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy I miss you!!!! How is your move going? I hope things are going well, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting you get to move back home! And how fun that you have a blog too! I love blogging. You look beautiful as well. Isn't the internet wonderful, how you can find people you knew from so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope things are going well for you, Amy! I have not heard from you on your blog lately. I would love a new post! Yours are always so fun to read!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)