Yeah? me too!
I love the wind in my hair.
The steady pounding of my feet on the pavement
as the music pushes me to the finish line.
Music really is my fuel for exercising. Once the music stops the motivation seems to stop too. That's why the music they play for fitness classes at the gym are non-stop, each song transitioning into each other, and with a nice steady beat. The faster the tempo, the more calories burned!
But being a fitness instructor I get used to hitting my foot to that beat, and when I go for a jog I usually want a song in my ear that is fast enough to keep my feet moving to the beat. It is difficult to find that, really, with just radio music. 180 beats per minute? Most of my workout cd's for classes are around 128 to 132 bpm. But don't you worry!
I found just what I needed.
And since fitness is such a hot topic with everyone always wanting fresh ideas and tips to stay motivated, I thought I'd share my little running secret with you:
It's a FREE Podcast of continuous, fast tempo music set at a certain bpm the whole way through to keep you at a steady pace. I love it! It really pushed me through my last 5K run. All you do is subscribe to the Podcast and it automatically downloads the new episodes to your iTunes. The episodes vary on the bpm, the type of music, the length of the track, and purpose. For example, they have a 5K training episode that is set at 182 bpm and is about 30 minutes long. It really pushed me through my last 5K run. But a lot of the episodes are about 150 or 160 bpm and there is even a Walker's Delight at 120-130 bpm. Check it out! It's FREE! Maybe it's just what you need to get motivated, moving, and in motion! And bodies in motion stay in motion!
Cool find. I just subscribed.
ReplyDeleteI've always just listened to regular yet upbeat songs, this will be interesting to try out. Listening to the 5k Propel song now.
BTW - Have you used a Nike+ before? I just got one and I love it - tracks all my run stats and almost turns running into a game. For only $30 bucks, its a steal.
Awesome! I've never been a runner but I'm going to start next week. I've been telling myself for the past few days that I'm starting Monday so wish me luck. I hadn't even thought far enough ahead to think of something like listening to music but I'm totally going to check this out! I so need to get in shape!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea. I have been trying (key word) to train for my first 5K and I run to music but sometimes it just isn't working for me so I have to keep pressing next on my MP3 player. Hopefully this will help me want to keep running! Way to go Amy on your 5K!
ReplyDeleteHEY!! I didn't realize you had a blog!! I love it, it's so cute! Michael and I were just talking about where to find running music the other day!! Thanks for the suggestion! Hope life is going great!
ReplyDelete