Sunday, August 16, 2009

BiG Jumps ♫

The song that's playing right now is one of my recent favorites. If you know me at all, you know how much I love music, and I love it when I find a song that describes a certain emotion I'm feeling or a phase in my life. Typically the songs I choose to play first on my playlist will usually be a good sign of the emotion I'm trying to get across to all my fine peeps out there. Or maybe I just like it. BiG Jumps. I just made one. Seriously. This is big news. ME...AmY...the girl that was desperately clinging to her full-time position as housewife and homemaker for Bonner Inc. went and did the unthinkable: Yes...I indeed went and pushed myself over the edge into working full-time...like, at a work place. I got a stinkin' JOB people! This is HUGE! And it all happened so suddenly and fast and I can't say that I really wanted to do it or even now after my first week at the job that I'm super happy about it. I miss being home terribly. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me. My house is a little messier than I normally like it to be because I haven't gotten the hang of when exactly is the best time to clean it...And I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack every time I look around and realize it's messy and that I don't have time to clean it up because there's somewhere else I have to be. When am I going to get to sit? And I'm sitting right now typing obviously...which feels great, let me tell you. But it's Sunday, so I of course cannot clean my house TODAY. Spencer and I have decided it will have to be the "activity" for tomorrow night's FHE. Oh, and I suppose you must be wanting to know what my new job is? A Psychiatrist's Office. Secretary. I call patients to remind them of their appointments, I take care of all of the files and paperwork, pulling charts for the next day. And this coming week I'll learn more about scheduling and checking patients in and out. It's been pretty interesting so far, not that I really learn what all is going on with each patient, but it certainly amazes me how many people in the world need medication for their mental health. I mean this place was hoppin' like a restaurant on a Friday night! Forgive me, I don't mean to make light of situations that can be serious. There are indeed many situations where there is a legitimate need for a medication. But I have to admit that there were a lot of people coming in there with just any old reason or excuse to want to pop a pill that they think will fix all of the mistakes in their life. That's the part that is sad to me. It all makes me very grateful for the gospel in my life and for the amazing support system my family is...and friends too. One lesson learned this week: Obedience to the commandments provides the ultimate happiness in life...the ultimate direction and peace that cannot be found in a pill. Another thing that is awkward about working there: the fact that ME...the "sad girl that's trying to be happy anyway even though she can't have babies"...is the happiest person working in that office. The other two girls that work in that office have sad situations themselves as poor, single mothers and a sour attitude to go with it. We seriously have nothing in common. They guzzle soda and donuts like there's no tomorrow and then give me the evil eye as I laughingly crack a joke about the fact that it's awkward for me to sit in a chair that is two times too big for me to sit in and maneuver. I'm sorry! I'm little. Meanwhile the one girl that is supposed to be my supervisor acts like she's constantly annoyed at my presence. I think they somehow sense that I am a happy person, that I am at peace with my life, and it bothers them. Annoys them. And that makes me sad. But what can you do? I'm just determined to push through and do the best that I can. Always my personal best. So here we go with week 2. Wish me luck, because I need it. Yes. Amy has a JOB.

10 comments:

  1. Hooray! GO AMY! Workin' woman! Do a little bit of that for me. I miss being in a professional office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let their sour attitudes get you down. It gets you absolutely no where! Hope week 2 is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do great there! Working in that setting is hard, but you'll be exactly what all the people there need. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A million bucks says that they are just jealous of you. YOu are drop dead gorgeous, happy, have a great marriage, home, life.... I really think they are just jealous. Hang in there, they'll come around and see what a sweetheart you are. Congrats on the new job. It sounds like it's a lot of fun. Good luck finding a balance with the house work, you'll figure it out. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Amy girl!! That is so exciting about your job. And if those donut eating ladies give you greif, you just tell them to kiss your smokin' hot behind!!! Good luck with balancing everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAHOO! Nice work, sounds like fun except for the doughnut ladies. They seem totally insecure with themselves and are hatin'! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! Way to be the happy, positive one too. It is contagious. THey will catch on sometime. You are such a sunny person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl!
    I thought that you had a job in a gym? Well I hope that this week goes better for ya! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - good luck! Sounds like it's no Sociology Dept, but it'll do right? ;) I miss those days. Hopefully things are going ok for you now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)