Friday night was our main celebration night, attending our local Warner Robins concert + fireworks show at the stadium. I really love going to this. Both years I've been, it's made me feel a sense of goodness about our community, like people really do care and love their God and Country. It's a good feeling. Especially when you see sights like this one:

This was my favorite picture of the night. I spotted these boys saluting together during the singing of the national anthem and it just gave me chills.
We got there early in the evening with our friends, Thomas and Erin + their adorable boys, to enjoy a picnic of Zaxby's chicken, KFC biscuits, pasta, veggies, and cherries. And, of course, snow cones! I had this real cute picture of Connor sticking his tongue in the snow cone cup, but I was so bummed it turned out blurry. Time for a camera upgrade. {
hint, hint to the hubs}



I love this picture of Spencer with baby Caden. He kept getting so excited every time the helicopter or the F-15 airplanes flew overhead. He had a good eye, too, spotting them off in the distance. Spencer held him up so he could get a better look. I know my cute red-head will be an excellent daddy one day.
And then these pictures...
This is one of my favorite moments of the night. Becky came along during a really awesome Diamond Rio song and decided it was time for us to dance! haha! She is so much fun. It was also her birthday celebration. She is one of the coolest people I know.



And it just wouldn't be a
4th of
July celebration without
FiReWoRkS!!
♫ da du daduda da da da Da DA
DA!! ♫
Could there ever be a more wonderful summery holiday?! I think not. I love summer, period. But celebrating FREEDOM just makes it that much sweeter. I hope I always get tingles when I'm surrounded by good friends, watching fireworks, and hear that song, "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. 'Cause there ain't no doubt, I love this land!
God Bless the
USA!" ♫
Happy Independence Day everyone!
It really was a fun night! YEA for good friends!
ReplyDeleteI miss those Shows. I'd love to go to one again.
ReplyDelete