...and the livin's easy. ♫ (classic Sublime song)
ORRR...not so much.
Wow. This year has been a rock hard one so far. If you've known me or followed me over the past 5 years of my life, you know I've struggled with emotional UPs and downs through this period of my life. Unfortunately, this year has been leaning toward the lower end of that scale.![]() |
| The depression hole from the Abilify commercial |
...and I will throw away the key. Muwahaha!
ENDURANCE. It's a subject I've developed a fascination for. Dictionaries and Encyclopedias online define it as:
- The ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions.
- The power of bearing pain or hardships.
- Lasting quality.
- The ability to exert oneself for a long period of time.
- And my personal favorite: Usually used in aerobic exercise. ;)
So, naturally, those that learn to endure physically often have a lot more lasting quality in their mental endurance as well. A recent episode of the show "Take the Money and Run" shows an example of this, in my opinion. To cut to the chase without making you watch the episode, the lazy brother is the one that gives into the interrogators and point blank tells them where the briefcase is, because his mental endurance was gone, while the other brother only grew more confident with each test and learned how to resist the interrogators.
While I've exercised my physical endurance many, many times, I realize that right now my mental endurance, my spiritual endurance, and definitely my emotional endurance are all being trained. They are becoming stronger with each exercise, despite temporary feelings of weakness after the exerted effort...just like how we feel after a hard workout in the gym.
I want to endure. And I want to endure it well. And I want to become more RESILIENT. I am currently in the refiner's fire portion of my life (and it feels like the really long and drawn out/hard to put out fires), but I know I will come out shinier and stronger than ever! My beautiful friend, Haylee recently gave me a gift that meant so much to me and has strengthened me several times since then. It says, "I can do HARD things." And I keep it on the shelf above my computer so I can see it all the time.
Of course, the PaRTy HaT was a bonus. ;) It was my birthday...Number 28!
Endure on, my friends!! I will try to keep afloat a little longer this time so I can send more love and sunshine out to my favorite peeps. But regardless, just know that I sincerely love you all, even if my social capabilities don't always express it as much as I'd like. ♥{Mwah!} til next time.


Amy:
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you did a blog. I love it. Went through and read all your post. You are a very talented writer. Funny, open, humerous and honest. I greatly enjoyed reading everything.
Amy:
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you blogged. I really enjoyed reading all your posts. You are an amazing author. Your words are uplifting, humerous, insightful and heartfelt. I would love to follow your blog.
Oh Amy, what an inspiration you are!! I love ya and miss you tons!! We are praying for you and Spencer daily! By the way, I LOVE the sidebar picture of you and Spencer. You look like a million bucks, as usual!!
ReplyDeleteHi Amy, it's so good to read your blog. Keep on fightin' the good fight, my dear. I'm thinking about ya!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to read your blog, Amy. I hope you're doing ok. Keep on keepin' on! You can definitely do hard things.
ReplyDeleteLove hearing from you! I think about you often. We ALMOST were going to drive through Georgia near you, but the trip was changed. I was gonna call... :)
ReplyDelete