Thursday, September 15, 2011

One last shot

IUI #3 (intrauterine insemination...i.e. the cheaper, "turkey baster" procedure)
Tomorrow morning is The DaY!...the day the actual insemination takes place.
The past couple of weeks I've been on Clomid to help stimulate follicle growth and hopefully put out some nice eggs. I've been traveling back and forth to my Dr's office in Atlanta to be monitored and receive instructions. And today I gave myself a "trigger shot" of the HSG hormone to induce ovulation if it didn't occur already, which I think I probably did yesterday evening. I've been taking OPT's (ovulation predictor tests) to see if I could catch an LH surge, and I'm pretty sure it was a positive last night, but it's hard to tell for sure. Clomid can interfere with the functionality of those tests, so I don't really trust them. Either way the trigger shot will at least reinforce any ovulation that already occurred and help boost the chances of a pregnancy sticking since I'm pumping my body with the pregnancy hormone.

Today was a lovely anxiety-inducing day where I wasn't able to get through over the phone with the Dr's office to schedule the IUI, wasn't hearing back from them, felt like I never was going to and therefore wouldn't be able to go in tomorrow, and therefore this whole IUI round would be a BUST! But I was finally able to argue enough with the Indian answering service lady that she finally put me through to someone that could help me. Good grief! The procedure and experience is stressful enough as it is, without a situation like that adding to it. Up until now I haven't had a single bad experience with my current Dr's office. I suppose because my assigned nurse wasn't in the office today. I'm used to her calling me back within an hour. But regardless, I was finally able to get the help I needed and we are scheduled and good to go for tomorrow morning!

Tonight we went over to my parents house so my daddy could give both me and Spencer a priesthood blessing. After a stressful day, it felt so nice to feel that sudden calm and peace that came over me the second his hands were placed on my head. I felt so nice to receive that extra strength. And it felt extra nice to receive guidance and words that gave further comfort and direction. We were promised success. Whether that happens now or down the road with IVF or something else, I don't know. I would love to think it means now! But either way, we were given the reassurance that we are doing the right procedures at the right place and at the right time, and that success will come from it. I have my promise, and I hold to that, and it gives me hope and strength to make it through the challenging moments and situations. It helps me let go of doubt and discouragement.

Additionally, we are currently fasting and plan to attend the temple tomorrow after the procedure is over. Though my body feels weak, my spirit feels strong, and I feel more connected to my Heavenly Father during a time when I need him most. I feel more at peace than I did going into either of the previous IUI rounds we've done. I know it's because I am working harder for that feeling. I feel very thankful.

Thankful to each one of you for keeping us in your prayers. We've definitely felt the strength from it. The Lord hears and answers prayers! Just remember that.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I am praying for you, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. You and Spencer have been through a lot and I know you will be blessed in the Lord's way and in the Lord's timing. Have fun at the temple tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! We will keep you in our prayers! You are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy. I wish you and Spencer the best of luck. You are in my thoughts and prayers. If anyone deserves a baby, it is you two. You are so loving and giving and so FUN! But, like you said, you have been given a promise and whether that means now or later, just hold to it. Love you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy I'm praying for you!!! You are an inspiration to me of such a strong faithful woman. I'm so glad you got a blessing and that it comforted you and promised such wonderful things!!! You will be the best mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Amy! I'm praying for you. I hope, I hope, I hope this is finally your time. We're jumping into the IVF process now, and we're nervous and excited. You're an inspiration. Hold onto that promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have told you before and I still think it, you are my HERO!! You have been through so much and you are still so strong! I love ya girly! You and Spenc will continue to be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)