Monday, August 6, 2012

Birthday Boy


My Spencer Jay turned 31 yesterday!
I think we all know that "S" stands for SUPERMAN!! ;D
He's definitely my hero, that's for sure.
And even though he HATES the attention, I always look SO forward to any opportunity to celebrate him.

 The Gifts.  
My mom's awesome handmade card (something new she's trying to do. love it!) and a much-needed new wallet was inside that small bag to the left.  The middle gift is from me.  And then that big box is from Spencer's mom. :) She had it shipped here and I wrapped it for her.  When we talk, she always tells me to give her boy a big hug from her, and so that's what I wrote on the tag.  


 I'm so grateful for his mom and how much she loves her son and that she brought him into this world 31 years ago!  She taught him so many good things that he still clings to.  I think of her often since she lives far away, but especially on Spencer's birthday.  She made him super happy by buying him a HUGE box of his favorite Australian soda: ginger beer.  Spence served his mission there and that's one of the things he misses most.  So for special occasions, we order it from an Australian catalog.  I don't care for it at all, but he LOVES it.  And look!...It even provoked a small smile! haha! *Success!*


 And then this is what I stuffed in that bag for my Man...
He pulled out a football and a variety of our favorite football-watching snacks, including chips and salsa that aren't pictured here.  Attached to the football is an envelope that says, 
"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!!"  
And that envelope contained...


...CABLE TV!!  Including a SPORTS PACKAGE!!
We haven't had cable since we moved here 4 years ago.  I wasn't totally sure how he would feel about adding a monthly payment to the budget without consulting him (I knew he'd probably fuss like he does about ALL gifts he receives) but I calculated it out as best I could and just took the plunge.  I knew we would BOTH love it since it's just in time for football season.  That's become our favorite thing to do together: Watch football. :)  And look...another smile. :)


It might have been HIS birthday--but any day I get to see him smile is the BEST. DAY. EVER. for me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SPENCER!!!!
I love you SO MUCH! ♥

...Now let's go watch some TV!!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)