Lately I've been trying to create a habit of running. I've actually always hated running for some reason. It's a good cardio workout and, therefore, I have to force myself to do it. I much prefer a slow and steady aerobic workout routine. But I no longer have access to free classes since we aren't at BYU-I anymore. And I can't stand the thought of paying a high monthly fee to go to some fancy gym when I can just move my body for free. So RUNNING it is! I'm planning on running in the Macon, GA Labor Day Roadrace (5K) next month with a few of my dedicated family members (Dad, don't chicken out on me). We'll see what kind of progress I've made then.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
RUN, Amy, RUN!
Lately I've been trying to create a habit of running. I've actually always hated running for some reason. It's a good cardio workout and, therefore, I have to force myself to do it. I much prefer a slow and steady aerobic workout routine. But I no longer have access to free classes since we aren't at BYU-I anymore. And I can't stand the thought of paying a high monthly fee to go to some fancy gym when I can just move my body for free. So RUNNING it is! I'm planning on running in the Macon, GA Labor Day Roadrace (5K) next month with a few of my dedicated family members (Dad, don't chicken out on me). We'll see what kind of progress I've made then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome, Amy! I used to run all the time. I've wanted to get back into it- maybe I can follow in your footsteps (no pun intended)... Good Luck and Good Job!
ReplyDeleteChristine
Amy you're so practical - I love it! I can't stand to pay gym memberships either! I also can't stand running. Hmm, that's gonna be a problem. Good job though!
ReplyDelete