
These are my
Old People, as I like to call them. I'm the baby of
7 kids and was a surprise baby to my parents who at the time were 44 and 41 years old. So I grew up with parents that all the other kids thought were my grandparents. It used to bother me when I was little, but now I'm just proud! I had more love and attention in one day than a lot of kids get in a lifetime. Anyway, they are now 68 and 65 years old and are still the hardest working, spunkiest people I know! And boy, do they love each other! They do everything together and they tease, laugh, and smile like they just got married 2 weeks ago. Right now they are on a roadtrip to Topeka, Kansas to visit my sister, Yona, and her family of 4 boys. They just moved there 3 months ago to change jobs after spending their whole life in Georgia with the rest of my family. So mom was anxious to see where they are living and how they are doing. I wish I could have gone with them. Yona was practically my seregate mother growing up and when her kids came along I was practically their second mama as well. Funny how things cycle like that. But I miss being close to her. I know we're supposed to grow up and venture out in life, but it's kind of sad, too, how lives and situations and people move on. This picture was taken 5 years ago just before I left the nest and sped my way to
BYU-Idaho.

There's nothing more important than
Family. And I sure do miss mine right now. But Thanksgiving is on its way! Even though Yona's family won't be there, I still have 5 other siblings and their families to
squeeze and
laugh with! Are you going out of town to see your family for the Holidays? If you are I hope you enjoy every second of it! I know I will.
your family is so cute! hope you had a great thanksgiving! and i started protecting my blog so you need an invite to view it now...send me your email address so i can send you an invite! my email is carahadley@gmail.com. hope you're doing well!
ReplyDelete