Monday, November 26, 2007

The Day After Thanksgiving

Who can resist Christmas?! Not me! We've never done the whole Black Friday thing. I like to shop, but there's nothing appealing to me about pushing and shoving people. I like to stay out of people's way and I certainly wish people would stay the heck out of mine! So our family tradition for the Day After Thanksgiving is to decorate for ChRiStMaS TiMe! Mom and I went about the house putting up all the old decorations with a million memories attached to them. Spencer decided to take a picture of us next to the half finished tree. Mom's house has never been a glamorous one, but it has always been clean and inviting...full of love, laughter, warmth, and comfort, and most importantly, Faith. It was so good to be home for Thanksgiving...Singing, "Song, Song of the South, Sweet Potato Pie and I shut my mouth..." Man, somehow food just tastes better when you're home. All those butter beans and black eyed peas, cornbread, fried chicken, and my personal Thanksgiving favorite, green bean casserole. Mmm, mmm, Mmm!! Thank goodness I'll get to have another go at it for Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)