Saturday, November 3, 2007

A song that makes me sMiLe

When I created the playlist for this blog I included the song, "Smoke on Water" by Deep Purple, and whenever it comes on I always have to sMiLe a little. This song actually means a lot to me, not because it's a great classic rock song, but because it's one of those little things that brought me and Spencer together 4 years ago this fall. Spencer and I had a Statistics class together in the fall semester of '03 and we had known each other from being in the same ward the year before, so we sat next to each other. We got to know each other and always had a lot of fun whenever we sat next to each other in that class. I thought he was pretty cute in his snug short sleeved shirt when he would prop his elbows up on the desk and show off his nice muscular arms. One time in class he had to leave his cell phone on to receive an awaited important phone call. And the call came... Many turned with annoyed looks as he picked it up and walked out of the classroom to answer it, but all I could do was sMiLe in approval. I had not heard his ringtone before. His ringtone of choice was none other than the famous hard rock guitar chords played in this classic song. That's all it took to tell me that he was a real man. In my opinion it took a real man to appreciate the classics. It had been a while since I had dated a ReaL MaN! It didn't take much longer after that for me to weed out the other prospects I had at the time and to see him standing there, the real man of my choice: red hair, biceps, classic rock, bad boy attitude, and all! And more importantly, in addition to these things he knew how to treat me like a lady. I'm pretty sure that little fact was what really tipped the scale in his direction!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never knew your story but I have to say that it is absolutly adorable! It made me smaile alot and I'm so happy that you two found each other, you are soul mates and meant to be together. Thank you for sharing your story =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)