So...I posted about the fact that we were going to move into a different apartment...
DIDN'T HAPPEN!
We signed the lease and everything, but come to find out, it would cost about $6,000 if we ever had to break the lease, so we were essentially committing to another wretched year at Spencer's job. Spencer has hated his job 75% of the time we've been here, and it just seems to get worse and worse as the time passes. This past Thursday we woke up in the middle of the night just feeling so uneasy and nervous for some reason. Spencer decided to just get up and go in to work (at 4:30 am) and he mentioned that he planned to call up the new complex later that day to see about switching the lease to a month-to-month. We both felt uneasy about our current situation. I couldn't go back to sleep after he left. I tossed and turned thinking about it all... and then it hit me like a brick wall... We're supposed to be in Georgia. Everything fell into place in an instant. Our current lease is up here, Spencer hates his job here, we've wanted to get a job in GA for a while now, mom and dad have room for us, we have savings in place, we've already said goodbye to our ward since we were planning to move to a different ward, etc. etc. I called Spencer up and we discussed it. It just felt right. We didn't make a for sure decision on the spot. We still had to make sure we could get out of the lease we just signed. Later that day, by miracle, we were able to have that lease cancelled and the money returned to us! After some prayer and fasting Spencer put in his resignation at work today. We have to be out of our apartment this Friday, and then we'll be FREE! He's already been applying for a ton of engineering jobs down in the Atlanta area, so hopefully we won't be too long without a job and living with mom and dad. Sometimes it feels like you're taking a step backward, but maybe a step backward is just a step in a new and better direction that will take you farther than you were to begin with. We are a little nervous, but we both just feel so much peace about it. We know we are in the Lord's hands and he has directed us along this path.
We are so blessed! All of these experiences are for our good and learning. So many of you have been apart of our lives in so many wonderful ways. We take a little something from the people we come in contact with and from the places that we live... it will all remain apart of us.
WISH US LUCK in our new adventure!
Warner Robins, Georgia...
UGA Football - Go DAWGS!



Oh how exciting!! I knew how much you wanted to move back home to GA!! I am glad that every thing has fallen into place.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything, it is better to take the chance to be more happy!
ReplyDelete- Tiff
Congrats! that's so great that you feel like you are going to be where you are supposed to be! (I hope that made sense!) Yay! I'll have to call and chat with you about it tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.
ReplyDelete