So our move to Newnan was like the last 2 other moves we've had: Quick and Rushed. Luckily, my husband is strong as an ox and can pack a 16' truck with every inch crammed in about an hour or two. I should have taken pictures or a video of it as proof. It's like having my very own workhorse! I love it! Spencer and I totally balance each other out... because I am the slowest packer in the world! And I am a slow person in general, but because I absolutely HaTe having all of my stuff packed away and I don't quite know where to start, I tend to put it off till the last minute.
But this time it was ALL last minute. Thank goodness all of our stuff was already crammed into mom and dad's garage, so all we had to do was transfer it to the truck and then pack our bedroom.
But we had to get an apartment at the last minute, right? After spending all Saturday, June 7th in Newnan looking for an apartment to live in we finally settled on one that was just cheap enough but not too cRaPpY either. We were promised that the apartment would be ready to move into the following Thursday. So GREAT! Everything was ready to go.
...Nope...
We arrived for our scheduled appointment after the two hour drive with the truck packed and everybody ready to sign and unload. But to our dismay, when we went into the apartment the floors were sopping wet, the heater was on...YES the Heater, and there was moLD & miLDeW growing all over the walls. The maintenance man was rushing in there to do last minute repairs of all sort. And honestly I was about to puke with disgust. The manager tried to act so shocked as if it was only the painter that hadn't shown up to paint over the mold. She told us to wait a couple of hours and she would have it ready. I just stood there in silence and disbelief. But we left our truck there and went to grab a bite to eat at the best place in the world, Chick-fil-A, while we stewed over what to do. There was no way a quick "paint over" was all that apartment needed. And certainly the carpet wouldn't be dry and move-in ready in 2 hours. We decided to drive to the only other apartment worth considering, but was $130 dollars more expensive a month, and see if they could help us. On our way there, the manager at the other apartment called us back all apologetic and to let us know she had a 3 bedroom that was definitely move-in ready and she would give it to us for the price of the 2 bedroom. So, reluctantly, we drove BACK to Newnan Crossing Apartments to see if this deal would be worth it...
...And it actually wasn't half bad. It was Clean and fresh, the way an apartment should be on move in day. And we got THREE bedrooms! And this HuGe pantry that I can't even fill! Can you say "Food Storage!" And we live right behind Target, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Payless, Rack Room Shoes, Michaels, and many other glorious stores within walking distance. Now the question is, do I feel safe enough to go wander around in my new 'hood?
Yipee for apartment dwelling!
...I can't wait to become a homeowner.
Yea for getting a bigger apartment! You can make the extra room a scrapbooking room! =)
ReplyDeleteYou have got to be kidding me!! How annoying! The extra room will be pretty nice bonus! Oh look, now you have room for us to come and stay!
ReplyDeleteThat is the worst story ever....at least the beginning part, I think I would have just cried then and there, I mean how frustrating to already have driven two hours, things all packed up and then have to deal with that. Not fun! I'm so glad they made it right though, I mean it can't get much better then that, a three bedroom for the price of a two bedroom. I'm so glad things worked out for you in the end. And those stores you live near are awesome! It doesn't get much better than that =)
ReplyDelete