70 is starting to get up there, don't ya think? My Daddy
turned the BiG Seven-O this past Sunday and we celebrated the night before with what we call a "low country boil," which is not just a meal...it's an event! It's my brother Rex's favorite thing to do... Basically it's one big huge pot of randomness including shrimp, potatoes
, sausage, and corn on the cob. He simmers it with some kind of special seasoning packets that have to be stirred real slow so they don't break open, hence why he has a small boat paddle. I know, I know...it sounds a little redneck...But it's SO good!
I made dad a Birthday CHEESEcake and decided we MUST put exactly 70 candles on top!
It took not ONE...
Not TWO...
NoT THREE! ...But FOUR people to light all 70 candles fast enough!
How FuN is that?! The Birthday BoY had to blow pretty hard and quick to keep the house from burning down!
I sure do love my Daddy! He always says [insert slow southern drawl], "I'm gonna git off at 92." I don't know what's so special about the age of 92 that he's decided that's when he wants to die...I suppose that's his way of saying he wants to live a good long life. So here's to 70 awesome years, dad! I hope we get to enjoy you for at least 22 more!




Im totally jealous. That looks so good.
ReplyDeletewow Amy he looks really really good for being 70! I'm' also impressed that you were able to get 70 candles on there!
ReplyDelete