Wednesday, September 16, 2009

{happiness}

The end of summer is here. One last summery activity to mourn its passing. An Ice Cream trip! Just something little and fun to fill me with a feeling of summer {happiness}. If there is a lesson in particular that I have learned during the past 3 years of my life (Yes, it's been that long now) it would be the principle of scraping happiness, as I like to call it. Admit it...sometimes life sucks. But can't we choose to emphasize the word sometimes and shove it/force it to be the smallest portion of our lives? Sometimes it can feel as though there is no {happiness} to be found, even when we're looking for it. It's at that point that I feel like I am scraping at the bottom of the barrel for the {happiness}. Well, I've found that if I just keep on scraping that somehow I can pull together just enough to make something slightly significant. And then...and this is the most important part...I take my scrapings and turn them over to the Lord. And somehow he turns those scraggly scrapings into a barrel full of {happiness}...or sometimes at least half a barrel. I can always tell when that miracle has been worked within me. So ice cream. Summer. A breezy ride in my husband's white trash truck. The fact that my cute red-headed husband took me out to do these things on a weeknight when it's the last thing on earth that he felt like doing (can't you tell by his face?) just for the sake of my little {happiness}. Simple things, right? For me, those are just a few of the things that = {happiness}. Scrape it up.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Scrape it up! :) I think we should put it on a bumper sticker. Thanks for the uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love icecream too! Too bad you cant have ice cream when its snowing. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. We think of you guys often. We love you and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Life does suck sometimes doesn't it? I love that scrape it up outlook on it though!

    I LOVE to go get ice cream too and every time we do it I know my husband is just being nice and doesn't really want to go, but he knows it makes me happy so he does it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post too! I miss you Amy! I love your positive outlook on life and miss chatting with you. Thanks for coining a new phrase for us here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)