Monday, September 7, 2009

A holiday meant for a RACE!

My classic finish line pose. I do recall standing at the starting line about to fall asleep and thinking to myself, "Man. My one day off...and I signed up and paid money to wake up at the crack of dawn to run 3 miles as hard as I can. What was I thinking." It's been years since I ran in the Labor Day Road Race with my family, since I've been away from home for the last 7 Labor Days. This race has become a family tradition...Of course it's because they usually have awesome food afterward! Yes, that's right...us Boland's show up for the FOOD. And shoot, you need it after running a 5K at 7:30 in the morning. I didn't get to train really for this race. Like I said before, I haven't been able to exercise as much since I started this dang job. Dang job! But I at least managed to finish with a typical Amy time: right at 30:00 min. And had some good laughs with my family afterward while stuffing our faces with free Chick-fil-a chicken biscuits. Can't you tell from the picture that I'm yelling, "Bring ON the CHICK-FIL-A!!" Happy Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)