Wednesday, January 27, 2010

your girls miss you

it's funny how some people grow apart the longer they are together
and others grow closer as time passes. love can grow stronger - if you nourish it and distance definitely makes the heart grow fonder. {a goodnight picture from your girls} So while we (me + the dog) miss our favorite man while he is away, I'm also grateful for the reminder that his presence means so much. He does so much around here...even when he's merely sitting on the coach watching TV (which can be a nuisance to me) the background noise of the television has become a symbol of his protective presence. His nickname has been dubbed "The Hurricane" because of the chaotic burst of energy that occurs as he enters a room. His get-it-done and get-it-done-quickly attitude causes things to get accomplished faster than normal and yet, somehow, something always gets broken or lost in the process. Funny how things that you might normally consider annoying suddenly become endearing. As much as I love the quiet...I miss the noise more. As much as I love a perfectly tidy, uncluttered house...I miss the "honey, I'm home" hurricane clutter more. As much as I enjoy not having to worry about cooking dinner by a certain time...I miss the smile on his face as I hand him a plate of food more. As much as I like only having one side of the bed to make in the morning...I'd rather have his warm body in the bed at night churning up the sheets and keeping me a lot more warm and snuggled than I am by myself. How on earth did I ever survive as a single gal? I get so cold at night! Man, I miss him. I think he misses me too. He's in San Diego fixing an airplane. Much warmer there. So jealous. But he keeps calling me to tell me what he saw or what the weather is like or fill me in on what he's doing at the moment. Funny how you can be doing something fun, but it's not nearly as fun when your "fun person" isn't there to share it with you. I am definitely the fun-maker in this relationship. But nothing is ever fun when Spencer's not participating with me. I want him to be interested and excited. So he usually pretends...for my sake. so sweet. stay safe. i'll be seein' you.

1 comment:

  1. Awww this is such a sweet post Amy!!! You two are so cute and perfect together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)