Wednesday, February 17, 2010

daily nourishment

Nourishment for the BODY & Nourishment for the SOUL SO thankful for both. I'm also so thankful for the body that I have and that I can move it. It's been so difficult to move lately since my surgery. That is a new feeling for me. I've always been grateful for my body, but it's always good to have a reminder of what it is to be healthy and able and that it is truly a blessing. A blessing that not everyone has. I wouldn't consider myself especially good at running, but I do it. Not just for exercise...I run for my brother who cannot. I don't talk too much about my brother, Jon. He's been in a wheelchair since his motorcycle accident that happened over 20 years ago. I guess because I don't know him any differently, so it just seems normal to me that he sits in that chair. I was a little girl when his accident happened, unlike my older siblings who have distinct memories of Jon being able to walk. But when I run, thoughts of my brother flood my mind. The reality that he used to be able to run around and "go long" to catch a football (or anything else he could get his rascally hands on to catch) seeps into my mind and makes me ever so aware of the gift that we have that is our body. I want to always take care of it and show it respect. I want to always be found using it for good purposes and helping others. Never to be just sitting. So I will nourish, both body & soul. And always be found running. If you can believe it, I taught my aerobics classes yesterday and Monday for the first time since my surgery (just one week later). I didn't use any weights for my sculpting class and just instructed the members what to do. I think it went pretty well. But then last night I taught Cardio Kickboxing and I totally over did it. I should have kicked lower and not bounced around on my toes so much. But it's so hard not to push myself when I have to push everyone else to do their best! But yeah, I was slap exhausted when I got done. So YES, I am being reminded to be thankful for my body and the ability to DO. Never stop moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)