Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Day of LOVE

I love the Day of LOVE! We usually don't get too into buying stuff for each other, but I love the idea of celebrating the best emotion there is! And we have one main tradition to celebrate it: CHEESECAKE. Every year for Valentine's Day I bake Spencer a homemade cheesecake and try to decorate it in some lovey dove fashion. Haha! This picture of Hershey makes me laugh. She totally lets me torture her. And this was the best part of Valentine's Day for me... All I had asked for was some yummy chocolates. (oh my gosh...I can't express how badly I've been craving chocolate since my surgery! I guess my hormones are just totally out of whack right now.) Well, Spencer decided to get all decorative and creative on me... He scavenged the house for the various items he used...He filled up the bigger vase with epsom salt (of all things) which looked so pretty and snowy, put the rose in a smaller vase with water and stuck it down inside the bigger vase, then filled it up with the Lindt Lindor Truffle chocolates (My absolute fav) and tied a pretty ribbon around it all! I was absolutely shocked when I saw it! He NEVER does stuff like this! I mean, he remembers me always, but never does he get creative, ya know what I mean? And add that to him making Valentine's cards with me last week! It totally made my day. I live for this holiday come this time of year. It's one of the few things happy about February. I hope all of you had a wonderfully loving Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)