Sunday, September 30, 2012

September ☼ Sunshine

Through the craziness and waiting, we must continue to try and Find the Sunshine.  And so I give you, September ☼ Sunshine:

We celebrated my sweet puppy boy's 2nd birthday back on September 1st!  I force him to pose with his birthday hat on before I give him the reward of opening his present.  He's such a good obedient little guy.  About as sweet as they come!  We love our Royce!!


His present was a stuff-less raccoon.  He loved it! 
And he and Hershey immediately started playing tug of war over it.

Until their mama came in and made them be nice for a photo. haha!  
Mamas always ruin the fun with pictures. :)  

My dear friend, Haylee, went into unexpected early labor with her 2nd baby (while her husband was still gone, deployed for the past 6+ months)!  Of course these things always happen in the middle of the night, and she called me and our other friend, Jenny, for help.  We both immediate came to her aid--I stayed the night and babysat her boy, Blake, while Jenny took her to the hospital in Macon.

The new big brother, Blake, and the lovely Haylee after giving birth to Baby Cameron.
If it hasn't been established yet on this blog that Blake is my Best Pal, well then let it now be known!
I've had the privilege of hanging out with this little guy at least once a week whenever his daddy has been deployed overseas and Haylee needed to go do church service with the youth on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights.  Best night of the week!  I always got to put him to bed and read him bedtime stories.  Some of the sweetest times I've ever had have been rocking with that sweet guy.  Now he's a big boy with a big boy bed and the rocking chair has been moved so mom can rock Cameron in her room.  And his 4th birthday was just last weekend!  All grown up!  I love him so much!!  I always feel so thankful for Haylee for being willing to share her boy(s) with me.


ducking down low to get into the picture!  I'm so glad I took these.
And what was even cooler about the unexpected entrance of Cameron into the world... we got to bring Blake's daddy home sooner than planned!  We drove up to the airport to pick up Nate so daddy and son could be reunited.  And then immediately took them to the hospital to reunite with Haylee and meet his new baby boy.  It was such a special experience to witness and be a part of.  These people have become some of the best friends we could ask for, and I am so thankful for them, and so happy to see them together again.



Royce & Hershey got taken to the vet for their semi-annual check up and vaccinations.  I'm sure they don't consider this Sunshine☼ worthy.  But I love my pups so much and am always glad for the chance to show them off to the adoring veterinarian, nurse, and staff.  Hershey usually has to wear her barking (shock) collar so she doesn't growl if the male Dr. comes in the room.  She doesn't do that with the women.  But she's very protective of me if I'm alone and a man comes into the room.  I'm actually kind of glad she's this way, but it does make it inconvenient for introductions.  That's what the barking collar is for.  It keeps her in check until she calms down and realizes everything's ok.


The starting of the bookcase in the living room sparked other home-improvement projects.  I've never liked the color that I painted in my master bath.  You can't tell from the picture, but it turned out more lemon-yellow than I had hoped.  It was supposed to be "sand" color in my beachy bathroom.  So I changed the color to look more like a seabreeze blue.  And I love it!  It goes much better with my beach decor and compliments the "sunshine" color on our bedroom walls.  Now I have both the Sun & the Beach to wake up to every morning. ~heaven~


Healthy eating.  We gave up orange juice (all fruit juices) and now eat whole fruit.


Enjoying Football season... which, in the South, means enjoying Boiled Peanuts!!


...until next month...
Keep Finding the Sunshine.☼

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)