And if any of you have ever been in Georgia in the middle of a hot, steamy July you know how ridiculously hot and steamy it is...
...and then imagine CaMPinG in it!
Actually, it turned out to be pretty fun. I was a little uncomfortable at first, not just because of the heat, but because a certain member of our family didn't notice the cooking utensils bag that was packed by the other member of the family and it therefore wasn't taken to the car with the other bags that were taken by that first member of the family (names are left out for the protection of the innocent). So, we had to make do with what we could. It turns out that a small plastic fork can easily be used to turn over a hamburger patty, and Amy can easily deter from the typical planned use of a spatula (the pictured spatula was brought later by my brother that lives down the street from the pond/campsight...Yes, he lives in the boonies). I turn more and more into my dad on a daily basis...It never goes over well with him when a plan or habit is deterred from. And for me, my kitchen routines are ESSENTIAL!!! Is anyone else so OCD that they must reload the dishwasher after their husbands load it because it WASN'T DONE RIGHT?! Holly, come on...I know you're feeling me on this one.
Anyway, the burgers turned out just fine, and I defnitely enjoyed the taste of a charcoal grilled burger while ejoying the ever so slight breeze from the approaching night air. Spencer enjoyed fishing and getting mud between his toes until he snagged his line. It was so nice to see Spencer so happy. He loves the outdoors, and so do I for that matter, but he especially gets a thrill from it. And it's been awhile since we felt free to just do something fun like that together on a whim. He is so much more relaxed with his new job, as opposed to the uptight feelings of nonstop stress from the old job. And on Fridays, he can leave about 2:00 in the afternoon if he got in all his hours during the week. So he's been coming home early on Fridays and we can get an early jump to enjoying the weekend! Life is good.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI know EXACTLY what you are feeling!! I think that I need to get on meds for my OCD. If you can imagine, it has gotten WORSE!! Poor Kasey!!
ReplyDeleteyay! I'm so glad you got to go! We haven't gone in ages and now it seems like WAY too much work with a baby. I know it totally can be done, we just haven't attempted it yet! Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteHow fun for you guys, it sounds like a lot of fun. Ben is such a wimp when it comes to out doors stuff, he doesn't like the mosquito's =) I wish we did stuff like that though. That's pretty cool about how Spencer get's to get off so early on Friday's I'm so glad things are going better. Ben just recently switched jobs in March for the same reasons, and he is so happy and just a completly different husband and father now, I LOVE it! Ben comes home from work now relaxed and happy where as before he would come homg tiered and stressed and grumpy. It's amazing how much of a difference a good or bad job affects every aspect of life.
ReplyDeleteI just saw myself in you, when you talked about how hard it is to be deterred from a habit or plan--that is me!! Where did you go camping? You're brave to camp in the middle of the summer. Our favorite spot is Unicoi State Park in the spring in the North Georgia mountains--it's in the 70s and shady and breezy. I highly recommend it!
ReplyDelete