Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Man that Never Smiles

I've often received comments as people look through my pictures that Spencer never smiles. And, well, I have to agree with them. I guess you just have to know the guy! He's just one of those people that's not very excitable and tends to show off that side, yet he is actually something of a tease and, ironically, would give you the shirt off his back. I guess he just tends to put out that rough exterior and that's what everyone sees... initially. But you would actually find that he's quite a softy... as soon as he picks up a dog:
I am thinking about him a lot right now since he has been away on his business trip to Pensacola, FL. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. We've been especially attached to each other lately, regardless of distance. In our case, trials "make the heart grow fonder." It has not been easy for us to learn of the low probability for getting pregnant on our own. It's even more frustrating to realize that the one option that gave us hope, In vitro fertilization, is no longer on the table due to the change of insurance with Spencer's new job. But while it is easy to give in to despair, we still feel to have hope in our miracle. Life is always a miracle. So, we continue to Live Life and {wait}.
On an up note, we are enjoying our new little town of Newnan. We decided against spending the 4th of July down in Pensacola together due to rising gas prices. Instead, we'll spend the hotel money on shopping for things we need or want, and then get acquainted with the local 4th of July traditions, such as parades and fireworks at the Newnan High School. Fun, FUN, FuN! ...We hope, anyway... We shall see!
So, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I will reunite with my handsomely grumpy-faced, happy underneath it all, HUBBY!

2 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) Amy! I hope things work out soon and you get a baby like you hope. You will be an amazing mother--I just know it! Love you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy can I just say that that was an adorable post! It made me smile. My Dad is a lot like that too, all rough and manly but underneath it all he is such a teddy bear. Spencer will be a really cute little Daddy I just know. When you get pregnant, and yes I really believe you will, he will be the kind of husband that talks to your belly and kisses it and stuff because you both will be so excited. And I bet that your little baby will be soooo spoiled, it'll have such a beautiful little nursury and you will be the prettiest little pregnant lady around! I really do believe it will happen to you, miracles do happen and I've seen it a lot. Well you already know about my sister who started trying four years ago this summer and she just had her first, I have a friend in my ward who tried for seven years and just had her first about three months ago, and then there's a lady in my ward who has three kids and with each they were just about to start invitro when they found out they were pregnant, that happened each time, they would try and try on their own and then it wouldn't happen so they would make an appointment to get in vitro and then it would happen. I don't know why Heavenly Father makes some wait, it doesn't seem fair, but he has his reasons, and I admire your upbeat attitude. One of my best friends at church, Jeanne, has been trying now for two years and has had one miscarriage and it just breaks my heart every month when it doesn't happen and to see her heart break, it literally hurts my heart but I do know it will happen and until it happens she is my kids "Aunt" Jeanne, they love her so much. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the people who don't understand and give you the dissaproving looks, and the insensitve questions. That happend to my sister all the time, especially when we were together they would make comments like "oh you better catch up to your little sister you can't let her beat you" and "you've been married for four years, when are you guys going to have a baby" and it would make me so mad and it would hurt Ashley so much. People are so rude and it never ceases to amaze me how unchristlike people in our church can be sometimes. My mom always used to tell me the church is perfect, the people aren't. So true! Anyhow I tell you these things not to one up you or discourage you but to give you hope and let you know that it will happen when it's right. You are such a sweet beautiful person and I truly admire you and look up to you. Hang in there!
    I think you will have a wonderful fourth of July. Parades are the best! Takes lots of pictures for me, oh and sorry this was so long and for all the spelling mistakes =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)