Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Latest Obsession

No, it's not the latest scrapbooking embellishments I bought at the store...
....or some way cute plum flats I saw at Target that I'm just dying to have...
....Oh, and that canary satchel purse was a must-have!
No...I must be the only girl in the world that likes to watch the Ultimate Fighting Championship on SPIKE TV (the complete MAN channel). It's not just boxing...It's Mixed Martial Arts. They punch, kick, take 'em down and wrestle, put in submission holds, etc. Of course, there are rules, though. I don't know what it is, but I love it! I guess my love for fitness and kickboxing in particular is what makes me enjoy watching these guys, because trust me, I am not normally the violent type...In fact, I usually dispise all things violent. But I just admire the athleticism and the conditioning that these guys go through...most of them hardly have any fat on their muscular bodies.
My favorite fighter is Forrest Griffin. He was the winner back on season 1 of The Ultimate Figher, the reality competition they use to induct more fighters to the UFC. I respect his sportsman-like attitude (as well as his dumbo ears...hee, hee, hee!)
Here he is giving a beat down to Quinton Jackson. That's how he won the Middle Heavyweight Champion Belt. What a stud!
I just know how it feels to pretend I'm punching something in my kickboxing classes (the perfect exercise for venting some steam!) so since I know all the different moves, it's so cool to actually watch them get put to real use in the Octagon. It makes me want to get up and fight! But I know I would stop and cry as soon as I really hurt somebody...or if I got hurt. I'll settle for watching these guys and dukin' it out at kickboxing class.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Amy!! You are just full of surprises!! Ultimate Fighting??! That cracks me up! I'm going to be giggling over this all day! I can just see you watching it! AHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that wasn't what I was expecting at all, but I bet Spencer feels like a very lucky man! I think it's a cute little obsesson, you are just this tiny pretty little thing, I can't picture you hurting a flea.... then again you do have a lot spunk =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you are not the only girl. Rick and I love ultimate fighting. It is one of my favorite things to watch on TV. It is the only sport I am as truly interested in watching as Rick as. AND you can learn some good moves if you ever get in a bar brawl :)
    Beth Whisamore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey you are not alone in liking the UFC! (Well, at least there's two of us girls who like it...) I don't watch it all the time though, like I don't really follow the fighters or anything, but we'll watch it in spurts. Remember the Gandolfo's in Rexburg? Ben and I would go and eat our sandwiches and stay and watch the matches on the big screen there (when they showed them). UFC really is awesome; no one has ever died whereas in boxing, people die a lot more frequently. Anyways, have fun with the obsession! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe this! Crazy! I can barely look at the picture of the guy with his face cut up! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)