Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The House: A Work in Progress

{BEFORE:} We've been working hard trying to get the weeds to go away and the grass to grow. I've discovered I really like having flowers and plants to water and look at. And, yes, that hideously deformed holly bush is still there in front of our garage. I tried to chop it in half since it was so tall, but I really just want to dig it up and get rid of it! Spencer wont let me, though: "Something looks better than nothing," as he says. And a replacement seems to be low on the priority list. :P But we are having fun deciding what to change and how to change it, and slowly but surely we are turning this house into Our Home. The following posts are pictures of some of the projects and work we've done so far. Enjoy! {AFTER....or rather IN PROGRESS}

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous improvements!! You guys HAVE been working hard! As for the staircase... how exactly did they have it before?? I looks like the top boards were 'dropped in' or something ... weird. Spencer did an *awesome* job on the stairs. Your house is so lovely! Hopefully we'll get around to our projects someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna! Actually, I believe what you're talking about is the plywood he had to put down before he could add the white risers and then put on the stained stair treads. I wasn't here when he ripped everything up, so I don't really know what it looked like underneath. Good luck with working on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Looks awesome! I'm going to let Adam see these before/after's so that he'll be pumped to do some renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the grass looks so nice and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray look at your fun yard! You have grass now! Hooray for the green! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the pics of your house! You guys have done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is just so gorgeous!!!!!! I love all the windows and the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not at all surprised that your house looks so beautiful, you are so great at making it look great. Sounds like Spencer is great to have. He'll have to come help us when we buy a condo here in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)