After our date to the temple on {Friday}, we woke up the next morning {Saturday} to help at a Primary Activity since we are team teachers for the huge CTR 6 class. SO cute and FuN! I wish I had pictures. One of these days I'll take pictures of my class and all of their cuteness. That very same day my sister, Yona, and her family arrived from Kansas for their 4 day visit. One of her boys recently turned the magical age of 8 and wanted to share his baptism day with my other nephew, Eli, who also turned 8 this month. So we had that grand event Sat. night.
{Sunday} was of course Father's Day, which it's always fun to celebrate my daddy. It was especially great to have the whole family together that night. Sunday nights are traditionally the night that we all get together and chow down on some food while we tease each other, chat it up, and laugh the night away while all of the grandkids play together.
{Monday} morning, us girls went out to celebrate our June birthdays together with breakfast at the Waffle House. You should have been a fly on the wall (or perhaps an old man trucker at the bar) and you would have heard lots and lots of giggles, followed by loud bursts of laughter, coupled with sightings of lingerie and other hilariously awesome gifts. And YES, my 67 year old mother takes part in the fun. Are you kidding? She's practically the ring leader! ;) Now you know why I call her "wild woman."
Monday afternoon as many of us that could went up to Lake Sinclair to play. There's a water slide off of the dock that all the kids L-O-V-E to play on. I even talked Yona into going down with me! Oh the FuN we have together! These little girls are so hilarious. I love my family.And {Tuesday} was the the BEST day of ALL! my BirThDaY, of course! 26 years old now. I don't care how old I get, I will always want to have a blast on my birthday. Me, mom, and Yona went shopping around, grabbed a refreshing Chick-fil-a Lemonade on the way out of the mall, opened my awesome present from Spencer (a self-healing quilter's mat with a rotary cutter...I've been wanting to learn how to quilt for awhile now and just needed the tools to get started), and then we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. Back home to mom and dad's for cake+ice cream and yet another round of crazy story telling and loud laughter.
{Wednesday} was so sad having to say goodbye to all of these blond monkey boys, not to mention my sweet sister, Yona, and her husband, Dan. Love them. These boys are like my own children, I love them so much. And they all still want 'Amy back-tickles' just like they always did when they were little, hence why Alec is sprawled out on my lap. {Thursday-today} Spencer and I packed our bags and headed down to St. Simons Island for our mini vacation. ohhh what a wonderful time we had! (pictures coming soon) We did not want to leave! But we drove back early this morning in time for church. Shoot, I was telling Spencer if there was ever a day of the week that I needed a vacation from it would be Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I love Sunday for so many reasons, but it tends to be my most stressful day of the week with lots to do.
YES, definitely the best, most FuN-Filled week EVER! Can't we do this every week?



Happy Bday Amy!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome week! Glad you're birthday week was so great!
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday. My favorite weeks are always weeks spent wiht Family, it's teh best!
ReplyDelete