Friday, June 19, 2009

Date Night

I love our date nights at the Atlanta Temple! I always feel an extra overwhelming amount of love for Spencer when we're there. And it's as close to heaven as I'm going to get while on this earth. And since my children are still up there (as opposed to here on earth with me) the temple is where I like to go to try and feel close to them. To feel like a Family. I suppose that may sound a little odd to some. Most people go on dates to get away from their kids! Hee hee, kind of funny.
Anyhow, I am SO sad that the Atlanta Temple will be closed for a whole 18 months for renovation. I suppose it's a good thing since it's as old as I am (My mom got to lead the choir at the dedication when she was almost 9 months pregnant with me...26 years ago...And she loves to tell about how Pres. Monson moved her music stand for her since she was too big to do it herself). And I guess it will be really exciting when it is rededicated. A good opportunity for us to invite our non-member friends to go see the inside of the temple. Exciting stuff. But I will miss it until then. I guess we'll just have to make plans soon to go to the Columbia, SC Temple. Anybody want to go?

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to that temple, but it seems beautiful! Is that temple you were married in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! :) I told Rob it's a great opportunity to go to all of the temples around us. I love seeing different temples, and now I have no reason not to! (ok not that I needed one before..)

    Sweet that you can go to the temple, though, and feel connected to your children in heaven. What a great attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)