Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June!

And June is definitely the Birthday Month in my family. All of us girls have our birthday's this month, and there's my Uncle Buck (Oh yes. I have an Uncle Buck...and he's about as crazy, fat, and single as the one in the movie) who shares the same birthday as me, and then Kate and Eli, and of course Father's Day. Busy with lots of love giving (and getting)!
Today is my Beautiful Mother's birthday! We invited her over to eat and celebrate at our house tonight. If you truly know her well at all, you know that she definitely lives up to the saying, "Growing OLD is Mandatory...Growing UP is Optional." No one should ever get too old to enjoy blowing out candles on their birthday. As you can see from the pictures below, she seemed to fully enjoy that cute traditional birthday activity. What's sad is that afterwards she said, "I don't think I've ever blown out candles on my birthday before now." Well, it was about dang time! After 67 years! She obviously had a sad childhood. Want to know something funny? I was shaking the sprinkles on the cupcakes and the lid fell off and dumped the whole bottle all over them. I couldn't help but laugh in shock and say, "I hope y'all like sprinkles!"
I love my mom so much! We always say to each other that we must have been best friends in the pre-earth life. I'm so glad we are here together. Her silliness, her loud laughter, her strength, her faith, her determination, her wisdom and advice mean the world to me. I realize on days like today that our years are few in number. Life is short. Moms and dads eventually pass on. And my years with my parents will be even shorter than most since I was the "child of their old age," as my dad likes to put it. So I am determined to be grateful for every second spent with them. Cherish. Every. Moment.
HaPpY BirThDaY, Mom! I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds absolutley wonderful!!!!! I'm so in love with your big gorgeous windows in your house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tribute! And Happy Birthday to your mom and to You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mom! Happy Birthday and I'm glad you finally got candles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)