Sorry! It's been awhile since I last posted. I got in a good habit of posting regularly and then kinda forgot what else there was to say. Perhaps it's because I've been in a bit of a solemn frame of mind the past week or so. Sometimes I think I have to do posts that are more fun in nature or silly and upbeat. But today I think I want to share a quote that has been on my mind a lot this week and has helped me a lot. It's actually from this month's Ensign, the article entitled "My Unexpected Route," p.10-11. There's a quote on the right-hand side by Neal A. Maxwell. He says,
"Daily hope is vital, since the 'Winter Quarters' of our lives are not immediately adjacent to our promised land....An arduous trek still awaits, but hope spurs weary disciples on. Those with true hope often see their personal circumstances shaken, like kaleidoscopes, again and again. Yet with the 'eye of faith,' they still see divine pattern and purpose."
We all have things that we hope for. Many of you know that Spencer and I have hoped for a baby and for whatever reason it hasn't come yet. Sometimes a feeling of hopelessness comes over me and I think it's never going to happen. But reading this article and this quote quickly brought things into perspective. There is a purpose to every trial that is brought to our path even if we don't know what that purpose is right away, and sometimes we have to expect the unexpected. There's always plenty to be grateful for and there is always a reason to hope! So I hope that you can have daily, true hope for the things that you hope for in life! (I know...call me a nerd why dontcha)
It's so easy to get bogged down by the day to day and forget to hope (and where it comes from)... thanks for the reminder, Amy. I'm sure this is a hard time to keep up hope, but this time of waiting will make your dreams so much sweeter when they are realized, and they will be realized.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't it be great to see the big picture. I seems like whenever I am ready to give up hope, a talk like that comes along and gives me the boost that I need. And Amy- when you become a mom, which I know you will, you are going to be AMAZING. I wish we lived close so my non-existent kids could call you Aunt Amy or crazy Amy, which ever you would prefer! Miss ya girly!
ReplyDeleteAmy I TOTALLY understand exactly what you're saying! You know we went through the exact same thing for years, so I know how you feel! The part of this quote that I like is where it says, "those with true hope often see their personal circumstances shaken, like kaleidoscopes, again and again." It's so true and that's when it's hard to stay focused is when you think something will pan out and then doesn't. Thanks for the great quote and call me anytime you want to talk! I may call you actually. Miss you hon!
ReplyDelete