Friday, October 5, 2007

"Thanks for shopping at Harris Teeter!"

Thanks to everyone with their help on recipes! I feel a renewed sense of excitement for cooking. It may also help that we have a brand new grocery store that just opened up right across the street. We love to walk over there just for fun. They have this cool $1.00 DVD rental vending machine in the lobby. You just have to bring it back by the next day at 9:00PM and put in in the return slot. VERY exciting for a cheap date night. But it's funny, because everytime I've made a purchase there so far I have won something! I did some basic grocery shopping two days ago and the guy said, "Congratulations! You get a 3 piece luggage set just for spending over $100 today at Harris Teeter!" I laughed in his face. But he wasn't kidding, because a guy carried a big box to my car for me that had a pretty decent suitcase set in it. And then, today I ran (literally, can you imagine) over there for a couple of last minute items for Spencer's lunch and the cashier whipped out a boquet of dozen red roses! I wanted to laugh this time, too, but I just smiled as she said, "Thanks for shopping at Harris Teeter!" But, hey, what girl can resist flowers? The smile stayed with me as I walked back across the street and cooked lunch. What made it funnier is that when Spencer came home and saw them he began to panic thinking that the flowers we had sent his mother today for her birthday had been delivered to the wrong address! Haaaa! That made me laugh so hard!

2 comments:

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)