Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pictures from Utah

All 6 days of our Utah trip in chronological order. Enjoy! Wednesday, October 1, 2008 Goodbye to Hershey for the week...She stayed with my parents and probably loved every minute of it. Spencer and I flew from ATL airport to Las Vegas airport and on to SLC. I'm not sure if Spencer is happy to see me or just annoyed at my constant camera use. Spencer's stepmom, J'Nette, picked us up and took us home to see Dad and little bro, Rhyse, (who's not so little anymore) and their awesomely huge Doberman dogs, Cyprus and Cedar. We always stay up so late chatting ourselves to death with the fam, and on top of it Spencer insisted on watching Ironman...but instead of finishing it we fell asleep slumped over on the couch as opposed to the bed J'Nette had made for us. Can you say "cramped neck?"
Thursday, October 2, 2008 I love Steve & J'Nette's house! It's so warm and inviting. This is a typical scene: J'Nette in the kitchen and Steve in his chair watching TV. J'Nette and I had a good 6 mile walk/jog down to the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple that is being built in their neighborhood. Got showered and dressed, and out we go adventuring Utah. I think this picture was driving down 90th to pick up Rhyse from school and we went to downtown Salt Lake to see the Body World Exhibit. That was SO interesting...a little weird at first to see all the cadavers and real human body parts...but I learned a lot about the human body. Next door was the HUGE public library...We decided to walk up on top of the building and see the view...SLC looked breathtaking! We ate fancy Brazillian food (including grilled pineapple! YUM-O!) at the Rodizio Grill at Trolley Square and off to the Gateway outdoor mall to pick up some fancy candied apples and walk around shopping. We took pictures in front of the cool water fountain. I LOVE outdoor malls, and this one was awesome! Definitely a FuN and FuLL Day!
Friday, October 3, 2008 This day was a little lazier...But we did manage to include a movie: Eagle Eye (awesome!) and ice cream at a nearby shop. Notice the men do not seem to like taking pictures...like Father, like Son. Rhyse got to school Spencer on the Wii...J'Nette loves the competition, I can tell. I did get to try my hand at Guitar Hero and I thought it was the coolest! And I am not much of a video game player. Later that night, on our way to Lehi to visit the other half of the family, we met our good friends, Kacey & Holly, in American Fork for dinner. No surprise, we always have a blast with them!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Lehi is where Spencer grew up with his mother, Bonnie, twin sister, Marci, his stepdad, Henry, step sisters, Jamie & Sara, and step bros, Wells & Matt. Here's Bonnie & Marci together. Of course the dogs are always a yappy excitement to be around...Spencer always seems to have all 3 of them piled on his lap. Breakfast with Bonnie, and enjoying watching Conference. We snuck off to Thanksgiving Point to try and get some family photos taken with Steve & J'Nette, only to our dissapointment, Steve decides not to show up. I guess he will have to be Photoshoped into his own family photo. Movie at the Carmike: An American Carol...cheesy! But it was free! And dinner at a fancy Italian restaraunt called La Vigna in American Fork. SO good!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
HaPpY BirThDaY to the Birthday GirL, Bonnie! Spencer and I got two tickets for Conference so Spencer could go on a little birthday date with his mother. How cute! I stayed at home and watched conference by myself while I prepared the rest of the chicken wings for the Family Feast later on. Jamie and Sara came over with all the beautiful grandkids, and Grandma Vest too. Grandma's are the BEST! It's hard to say goodbye again, but it was SO good to see all of the family again after it had been so long.
After the Family Feast we went back to sleep at Steve & J'Nette's since they live the closest to the airport. We just all crashed on the couch and chatted some more (J'Nette and I are especially chatty when we get together!) and we laughed at the dogs spooning on the floor! What a fun time!
A special shout out to the awesome shower that Steve & J'Nette built in the basement! I honestly felt like I was in a fancy hotel suite...I did not want to get out of that shower once I got in. And to Bonnie for buying a brand new bed for the guest bedroom! We felt like a king and queen! LOVED IT!
Monday, October 6, 2008
BYE UTAH! Until next time! Fly, fly away from SLC to Denver and back to ATL again. I hate flying. It takes all day and little me gets so claustrophobic sitting in those tiny chairs for 4 hours knowing that I can't get off!!! I much prefer being on solid ground. But it's always good to be back home, in my own house, and in my own bed, with my own dog! Missed my Hershey Girl!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I miss Utah and those moutains. Amy I love that cute short hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures, you are so stylish and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I always wish people flying through Denver could stop, but it usually doesn't work out! At least be glad you are little on those planes though! Us tallies just end up 100% cramped for the whole flight!
    You're gorgeous by the way and very chic with your accessories. Love you hon. We need to chat again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)