This past Saturday we went to Walmart to pick up a few things. As we drove through the parking lot there was an area by the entrance where apparently everyone gathers on a Saturday morning to sell their puppies. Well,
we're suckers!
We saw someone selling dachshund puppies and we of course had to go play with them. They happened to have a chocolate male, and our hearts were melted!
He was the runt of the litter and therefore he's SO tiny! And he's only 6 weeks old, too. We've temporarily named him Little Man until we come up with something more clever. We tried Oscar (as in Oscar Meyer Wiener) but for some reason I can seem to make that stick. We've thrown out Reggie, Linkin, Otis, and Little Dan (after my dad, who was always refered to as the runt in his family). Any suggestions?

Although Hershey was obviously not happy about the newcomer at first, the two weenie puppies seem to be getting along pretty well now. This is her sharing her BoBo with him. They chase and romp around the house as well as play tug of war with any toy laying around. It's pretty cute.
It's hard having a small puppy again. I never wanted to be a multi-dog owner. I guess the desire to expand our family gave way when we decided to buy him on a whim like that. But I think it will be good for Hershey to have a playmate. We've been joking around saying we bought her a husband. So I hope she thinks he's a catch!
ADORABLE! Little puppies are just so cute!
ReplyDeleteStay with the chocolate theme: Ghiradeli (sp?), Lint, Nestele, etc.
ReplyDeleteOH he is so cute! As for a name, I always went for random names for dogs and just looking at him I'd want to call him Peanut, that's just the first thing to come to my mind because he's so small.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable, man I want a puppy so bad! He is perfect and I love the picture of Hershey sharing her toy with him. I think two dogs are perfect because they have companionship. I bet it's really hard having a new puppy, I always say it's like a toddler that never grows up and you're probably getting up at nights with him too. As far as names, I though Oscar was cute, I also like the suggestion for Peanut, and I really really liked the suggestion of keeping it a chocolate theme and calling him Nestle or something. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteOh how cute is he?? And there is the famous BoBo! Kasey's favorite! I'm sure they will share that!! Ha HA!
ReplyDelete