I think I might have a JoB!
I thought I wanted to get a job here:
But when I went this week to some of their classes just to see how I like it, I was sorely disappointed. The teacher and the rest of the class were whooping and hollaring in a monkeyish sort of way that had me kind of confused. Even I, as an aerobics instructor, was having a hard time following, and that's sad. I totally disagreed with their class structure, to say the least.
Anyway, I went home feeling discouraged since Gold's Gym is practically the only gym in this town. But I got online and searched a little further and found this absolutely adorable gym:

It's called NRG Fitness Center. It's in a nicer area of town, which is always a plus. I checked out their website and everything just seemed so appealing to me. I got up the courage and sent in my resume! The fitness coordinator emailed me back almost immediately and I have an official interview this coming Wednesday!!!! She said from the looks of my resume she would like to add me on to the September schedule! She wants me to wear a black shirt to the interview so she can take a picture and add it to the bulletin board and the website! So it's not official yet, but if everything works out on both sides I may have just landed my first aerobics instructor job! I can't tell you how excited this makes me! I JOB that I actually WANT to do! After having some really crummy jobs in the past, this little bit of excitement is a real confidence booster for me. So wish me luck! I've got to go find a nice black shirt to wear...
Yipee! That's awesome Amy! Keep me posted!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! Great jobs don't come around very often, but when they do it's really exciting. You are so awesome and I hope you love being back in Georgia.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That's awesome. Christine
ReplyDeleteGood luck, Amy! I know you can do it...and I hope it is all that you want it to be!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Yona
aww that sounds like the funnest cutest place to work at! How fun for you, I'm so happy for you Amy, you'll love it! I'm so jealous, I wish I could do that, but I also know I would be way to scared to do that too and I"m not cordinated enough for people to watch me and follow me =)
ReplyDelete