Thursday, August 28, 2008

::So Sad::

We had to take Little Man back to his original owners. I expected it to be hard having a puppy again, and maybe the situation would be different if we had our own house and a yard and everything so we could just let them out at will, but it was just difficult having 2 dogs, one of them being a tiny little puppy that chews, bites, and cries in the middle of the night. I don't think my emotions are up to the challenge right now. I should have known that buying another puppy would not cure the unquenchable desire for a baby. ...I didn't necessarily want another puppy...and that wasn't fair to Little Man. I couldn't ignore the feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me we had made the wrong decision and that I needed to give him up. But it's hard when you've already created a bond with something like a helpless little puppy, and watched him play with my Hershey girl like they had always been best pals. He left his mark on us. Hershey keeps running into the kitchen to look into the laundry room where his kennel was as if she's looking for him, checking to see if he's there. So we all will be sad for a couple of days while we miss him. But there is a sense of relief that things are back to the way they were before. When we dropped him off, the little family seemed so excited to see him again, and Little Man went right up to his dog mother and started trying to nurse! Of course she wouldn't let him, but it was pretty funny, and it made me feel better knowing he was back in a safe, happy place.
Good luck in the world, Little Man! We will miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about that Amy, but I'm so glad that you listened to your gut feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was fun trying to name little man for a night! He made Ruby's day for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!...And for sharing your thoughts about Finding the Sunshine ☼. It totally makes my day. :)